SMART Teach-in is required when keys are lost, damaged or if additional key is needed. Also, this procedure synchronizes engine ECU with BSI – can be used when changing damaged ECU or BSI with new/used one!
For adapting each remote with Immobilizer / BSI module the following dongle can be used:
1. Turn ignition ON without starting the engine (position 1).
2. Insert dongle in OBD connector (it is located under the steering column, near pedals).
3. The LEDs must lit both, then green must blink a few times. If all OK, the green LED remains lit and red must be off. If the red LED blinks fast, this means an error, you may remove the dongle and try again.
4. If the red LED is off and green is on, turn OFF the ignition key.
5. Press twice LOCK button on each remote (if 3 button remote used) within 30 sec. Maximum of 4 keys can be programmed.
6. Turn ignition ON again, this completes learning sequence. Remote controls are working only when the ignition is OFF, cranking is possible only when the vehicle is in UNLOCK-ed state.
1pc x SMART Key teach-in for Mercedes-Benz Smart vehicles